My New {Favorite} Hobby!

***For those of you wondering where the recipes are for freezer cooking, I haven't forgotten! They're coming! Also, I apologize for the lack of a cute header. I'm not only lacking the cute header, but any and all creative inspiration for one: sooo, we wait for my creative mojo to come back.***

So, when I did our freezer cooking for February, Cameron's only complaint was that we didn't have enough snack food. I decided that in March, that would be different. Although, we absolutely HAD TO stick to our budget. I did my research, and found some great deals on YUMMY snacks.

I found a coupon online for $1 off Keebler's new Cheesecake Middles cookies...and printed five of them. One of my favorite blogs told me that these cookies were also a part of a Buy 5 get a $5 giftcard back. So, we went to Target where that blog also told me that the Cheesecake Middles cookies were on sale for $2.25. Here's how it went down:

We grabbed 5 packages of the Keebler Cookies: total $11.25. Used 5 $1 off coupons. Total: $6.25. Got a $5 giftcard back, which brings the total to $1.25 or $.25 a box! I then handed the giftcard back to Cameron, who had 4 boxes of Wheatables and 4 $1 off coupons.

Basically, we got 9 things of snack food for $6.

After that, we found Gold Medal flour on sale for $1.50. I had six $.75 off coupons. We got 30lbs of flour for $4.50. And then we decided to try to opt out of our recently renewed costco membership. [lol.]

My favorite trip happened today, though. We got all this:


for less than $4!

Without coupons and rebates, my total was: $56.49!

I saved over 92%!



2 Old Spice Body Washes

2 Old Spice Deodorants

1 John Freida Shampoo

1 John Freida Conditioner

1 John Freida Hair Spray

4 Biore Face Washes

and

A New Eye Shadow Compact

I did 3 different transactions.



Transaction 1: John Freida products were 3 for $15.

I used 1 $3 off of $15 Rite Aid coupon

2 $3 off any John Freida Product

1 $1 off Root Awakening Product

and I'm submitting for a $5 SCR on Rite Aid.com

Total: FREE [plus $.82 tax]


Transaction #2: Old Spice Stuff

I used another $3 off $15 Rite Aid Coupon

I also had 2 coupons for buy a deodorant get a body wash free

Then I used a $1 off of 2 deodorants

I tacked a 75% off eye-shadow onto this transaction which made the total 6.06

I'm submitting this for another $5 SCR on Rite Aid.com

Total: $1.06 [because of the eye-shadow, otherwise this would be FREE too!]


Transaction #3: Biore

I had a coupon for free biore cleanser with the purchase of nose strips. They were on sale 2 for 10 and I bought 4 bringing the total to 20. I used 1 $5 off of $20 coupon from Rite Aid's video values coupon site. Then I used 2 FREE cleansers with purchase of nose strips coupons. They also had cleansers with a save $2 on 2 peelies, so I used one of those, which brought my total to $4.03, but I'm submitting for a $2 SCR on Rite Aid.com. Total: $2.03

All total: .82 + 1.06 + 2.03 = $3.91

Worth it.

I'll definitely be doing this again.

0 Response to "My New {Favorite} Hobby!"

Post a Comment