Whole Wheat Blender Banana Pancakes

C earns the husband of the year award every Sunday morning when we get to pay tribute to the one and only Jack Johnson. Not only does C take the time to sleep in with me, but he gets out of bed first and makes pancakes for us.



Yesterday, he tried a new recipe. It makes me so HAPPY that he's on the eating healthier band wagon with me. He opened up a can of wheat from our year supply [more on that later] and whipped up these banana pancakes in no time. The man even made homemade syrup. Can I get a hoo-rah? That's who I married ladies. Be jealous. :)


We got the original recipe from Lorna Nevitt, C's aunt. They are SO good!

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

  • 1 cup milk or 1 cup water and 1/3 cup dry milk

  • 1 cup wheat or 1/2 cup wheat and 3/4 cup rolled oats or 1/2 cup wheat and 3/4 cup six-grain cereal [<--this is next on our to-try list. YUM.]

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/4 cup oil

  • 1/4 cup honey

  • Banana, Peaches, or Apples

  • 1 tablespoon baking powder



  1. Blend milk and wheat together for 5 minutes.

  2. While it's blending, preheat the griddle.

  3. Add eggs, oil & honey and blend well.

  4. Add sliced banana, peaches, or apples. [I'm thinking bananas and walnuts would be delicious too!]

  5. When all is blended, add baking powder and pulse 4 times.

  6. Griddle 'em up!

  7. Serve with strawberry jam, or butter and syrup.


If you try these, let me know! I'd love to hear how you like 'em!

0 Response to "Whole Wheat Blender Banana Pancakes"

Post a Comment