13 Week Update

Disclaimer: I have debated back and forth whether or not to write weekly updates. I have many infertile friends who deeply want to have children and the less news about pregnancy the better, in most situations. I had a really great talk with a friend this morning, though, and she made a few wonderful points. #1. This blog never was nor was it ever intended to be an infertility blog. It has always been our family blog with bits of infertility on it, just as infertility is only a part of our life. #2. As we are infertile, I don't know how many times I will get the opportunity to be pregnant. If the rest of our children come to our family through the miracle of adoption, I will want a good record of my experiences now, just as I will keep a good record of their adoption story in the future if we are blessed that way. #3. As soon as I found out we were expecting twins, I sought out every single weekly pregnancy update series of twin pregnancies I could find. I didn't care if they happened on their own or if they needed fertility treatments to get there. They were twin pregnancies and I was going to go through a similar experience...an experience I know absolutely nothing about. So, I'm thinking the pros outweigh the cons here. I'll be honest, during the tough times I blocked a few blogs from my reel. I completely understand if these aren't read or commented on or whatever. It's mostly for me and any twin mamas that happen to come by as intimidated by the blessings in their bellies as I am. When it comes down to it, this is our family. It has always been our family. And we are grateful for the two newest members of our family.


How far along? 13 Weeks, exactly.
Total weight gain/loss: as of this moment, +10. If we go by my pre-IVF weight, it's more like +12. But I was nice and round by the time IVF ended.
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants are magical. I still can, however, fit into one pair of my skinny jeans. I've bought a few things that were on sale and will be nice in the winter months, but they don't fit yet. The one pair of maternity pants I have bought, though, are the only part of getting dressed that doesn't stress me out :) Everything else looks so tight to me!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeats on Friday and being treated like a normal pregnant woman at the OB instead of a pregnant woman we all have to walk on pins and needles around. Also, getting new pillows. I haven't slept that well in ages. It was the first time I've woken up ready to greet the day since we found out we were expecting!
Movement: None yet. My friend felt her baby move just yesterday and she is 2 weeks ahead of me, so hopefully it won't be long!
Waist Diameter: [coming soon]
Food cravings: Mostly veggies, sometimes fruit. No red meat (which resulted in mild anemia), even chicken makes me queasy. Just when I think the sickness is over, the puking starts again. I will say that I do feel extremely blessed with the sickness. I've only actually puked a handful of times, so I'll definitely count my blessings! I'm also just constantly thirsty.
Gender: Probably won't find out until week 20.
Labor Signs: None, thank heavens. :)
Belly Button in or out? Totally still in, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time!
What I miss: Nothing. We've been looking forward to this for so long!
What I am looking forward to: The Sing-Off. Maybe feeling the babes soon? And Cam promised me dessert at The Chocolate tonight.
Milestones: Went to a cousin's house last night and she squealed and said "You're showing!!" So apparently, it's getting more obvious I'm not just pudgy, but there are babies in there. :)
Realization of the week: The next time we watch General Conference, we will each have a baby in our arms. :)

 

0 Response to "13 Week Update"

Post a Comment