My brother had a basketball game down here. He's not very good at telling us what's going on, so we left as soon as Cameron got off work and headed to the tournament. We got there for the last third of the game, but Rick had played a bunch in the first half, so we didn't get to see him play. That's ok! We spent some quality time with Grandpa and watched two other teams play. I also got brave and nursed the boys in public. Woo! Nursing takes so much less time than pumping/bottle feeding. Since then I've nursed the boys in the car a couple times, at a mexican restaurant, at church, etc. I love how much freedom it gives me. I don't have to be so calculated when we just want to get out of the house for a bit.
We bought the boys white shirts for Mother's Day. It makes me so happy to see all 3 of my boys ready for church. They look so handsome! I snapped this picture on my phone during Sunday School a couple weeks ago. Cuties.
The boys surprised Dad with an early Father's Day present before the Call reunion this year. We have been trying to find a good deal on baby carriers for the boys for a while now. I found these two on craigslist and went to pick them up in time for camping. So glad it all worked out! Cam loved them. And they were life savers at the reunion.
The morning of the reunion we discovered the wonderful thing that is showering with the boys. It takes so much less time, makes less of a mess, the boys enjoy it more, and we get a shower too! I am a huge fan. Plus, how cute are these boys? Seriously.
I was so excited for the reunion because the boys would finally have the chance to wear the moose jammies I got at one of our baby showers. I LOVE moose. And the jammies were too dang hot to put the boys in since we moved down to the valley of the sun. Seriously, look at those feet!
As for how camping with these two yahoos went, it was alright. We survived. Cam called it "relaxing." I'm not sure that's the best word to describe the weekend, but yes, we did have a good time. lol. We set up our tent, put the pack n play inside, blew up our air mattress and high-fived when everything fit. [barely]. However, naps throughout the day went terribly. It was really windy and the tent kept scaring the boys awake. No sleep all day made me really worried about the night. And so we camped on the floor of Wayne and Adrienne's 5th wheel. The boys slept six hours straight. I, however, did not. I was so paranoid that the boys would wake everyone up that I laid awake just waiting for them. I figured it was my job to make sure everyone slept well. And they did. So I guess that's called a success. The next morning, we got up, fed the boys, bundled them up and sat in the sunshine watching the seemingly endless 4-square game. The Calls really get into it and made it way fun to watch. I loved the two girls in the picture below. They were so absolutely opposite. Jackie was as much of a tom-boy as I've ever seen. And Allie was as feminine as camping gets. Too cute.
- I love hearing Cam on the baby monitor calming the boys down. Melts me.
- Got my milk back. YAY! [Posts coming soon on this...per your request. :)]
- The boys are napping SO well now, thanks to Emilee. She gave me a clear plan to teach my boys how to sleep. I owe her BIG time.
- I made cloth wipes and LOVE them. I used to think that was where I would draw the line, but really? So convenient to be able to just wrap them up with the diaper and throw everything in the wash instead of having to track down a garbage can.
- Gray now often goes by "Granger Danger." The kid has a lot of fluids...ha.
- Both boys are starting to find their voices. I need to post some videos of them chatting away as soon as I figure out how to do that. I love hearing them talk. Adorable.
- They have each grown over six inches since they were born. They are going to be HUGE.